Here is how the meeting will flow this week (see email below from Eric)
At the end of the meeting Eric will be speaking to parents and children about a park clean-up activity. This park clean-up is for "B" Colony (so none of you). "A" Colony will be doing a park clean up with our cub pack, Lynx sometime in October. Akela (cub leader) and I are looking for a date. Having said that, if you would like to participate with "B" Colony, let us know and we'll arrange it.
I'd like to remind parents that we still need more leaders, I'm happy to talk with anyone about the requirements, just call me at 613-841-3396.
If you have any questions, feel free to email either Eric or me.
Yours in Scouting,
We will be meeting at All Saints again this week. We will be splitting the Beavers up into Lodges (smaller groups for us to work with). We will also work with the Beavers to come up with a Code of Conduct.
Last week, we learned some of the basics of Beavers:
- Hand signal - Everyone should be quiet, repeat the hand signal and listen - Please try and reinforce this with your Beavers.
- Motto - "Sharing, sharing, sharing"
- Promise - "I promise to love God and help take care of the world"
- Law - "A Beaver has fun, works hard, and helps family and friends"
We have a number of other activities coming up:
- Walden park cleanup - Saturday, Sept 28th, 1:00pm - separate email to follow
- Apple Day - Likely Oct 5/6 weekend - details to come
- Scout Popcorn program - Fundraiser for our program - Pamphlets will be handed out on Monday - more details to come.
- Sept 30 meeting - hike on Jack Pine Trail